As part of my continuing quest to come up with healthy cookie recipes, this afternoon I experimented with cashews, cranberries, and watermelon syrup! I’m really happy with the result. No sugar or salt added…and they tasted great.
- 3/4 cup ground cashews
- 2 tbsp all-natural peanut butter (no sugar or salt added)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cranberries
- 1 tsp watermelon syrup (Basically, I had some watermelon juice left over after cutting up a watermelon…about 1/4 cup. I brought it to a simmer until it reduced to 1 tsp of syrup.)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened strawberry/apple sauce
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and make 10 slightly-smaller-than golf sized balls. Place on a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 350 °F for about 8 minutes until the bottom of the cookie is golden.